Wednesday, August 19, 2009

new best idea ever

In case you were wondering, this dress is the new best idea ever. I hate how beachy dresses are slinky, because while I might be thin, I'm certain squishy, and even if I could convince myself in a store that clingy dress looks beautiful, the photos will tell the truth. This solves all my problems, and I am so totally 100% buying 6 yards of muslin to test with like, this weekend.



These clever ladies designed a dress out of two strips of silk that tie onto the bride, instantly rendering her amazingly glamourous. I saw this almost two years ago and have stored it in my mental notes long before I ever thought I'd be getting married. And no, I have no problem copying someone's idea when it's this awesome--MOH and I will have to play around with some muslin to try out different styles, so it's possible my dress will look entirely different. What's more, it passed the bridesmaids' tacky-o-meter too!



*love* Any thoughts on the dress? C'mon, you can be honest. I'll probably be working some extra fabric into the sides, I'm not a very leggy gal. The best part is that for a destination wedding, this dress will pack as small as possible, making it hassle-free.

1 comment:

  1. Very elegant! I would probably make a layered skirt out of a sheer silk organdy.The top of the dress looks like it is a tube, like a scarf so the the ends of the fabric are finished. As a clothing designer I would make two three or four strands (Like scarfs) so that they could spread out to make more hanging panels that cover the skirt part.The fabric used for the dress in the photo wrinkles like crazy, just look at the shorts...even if folded carefully you may need to iron out the folds.
    So beautiful!!!!
    Thank you for sharing, sometimes the most beautiful bridal ideas are older and more to the point of what is needed now.

    ReplyDelete