Tuesday, July 21, 2009

on the venue



The one thing I have to focus on right now just so happens to be the one thing I care very little about--the venue. I've taken a deep, in-depth look at about 15 places (and by in-depth, I mean I had my head propped on the arm of the couch and my laptop on my chest and isn't the internet great), and actually got pricing info from three of them. Each of which was promptly rejected.

To be fair, the first two were summer camps, and it is increasingly clear that our grande idea of having a kegger at a kids' place with drownable water nearby is um, completely not happening. For reasons embedded in that last sentence. The last one was Tower Hill Botanical Gardens in Boylston, which worded their contract kind of . . . offensively. You will NOT bring your own alcohol. You WILL be monitored by staff the whole time to make sure you don't bring drinks outside. It's like Sister Mary Thomas is going to be my wedding coordinator, and I don't know if I can face 2nd grade again, even if it is more like recess.

So we can cross that off my list of awesome ideas we had in the first weekend. But hey! There's a Sportsman's club with stuffed deer head on the wall!! That Victorian place that we thought was stuffily overpriced is starting to look reasonable! The sooner I admit this is going to be expensive, the sooner I can either elope or book a place and start figuring out the other details, like colors, which I'm much more interested in anyway.


1 comment:

  1. Don't tell them it's for a wedding, say it is for a party. Venues nearly always overcharge for weddings!

    ReplyDelete